About the Artist
Anagha’s paintings are a peculiar combination of realism and abstraction. She paints in a realistic manner so to say but conveys some message which is abstract in nature. She takes full freedom in her choice of colours, forms and textures but without losing the sense of proportion and harmony.
The landscapes are not reflections of some particular place but seem to depict a mood of her mind. So it seems she creates a sort of visual poetry to express her philosophical feelings which is as it should be. She paints virtually in all mediums – oil, acrylic, water colour, pen & ink and pencil. Her paintings are in private Collections in India as well as abroad.
– Group Exhibition at Darpan Art Gallery, Pune in November 2019.
– Participation in Kalaa Spandan Art Fair, Nehru Centre, Mumbai, November 2019.
– Group Exhibition at Darpan Art Gallery Pune, Nov 2018
– Group Exhibition at Kala Academy Goa, January 2016
– Group show at R DD Neroy Gallery, Mumbai 2015
– Participation in India Art Festival at Nehru Centre, November 2014
– Solo show at Jehangir Art Gallery Mumbai, Nov 2014
– Group show at Nehru Art Center Mumbai, Nov 2013
– Group show at Kala academy Goa, Dec 2012.
– Group show at Coomarswamy art gallery Mumbai, May 2012.
– Solo show at Malaka Spice, Pune in November 2011.
– Solo exhibition of paintings in Bochum, Germany in September 2011.
– Participation in live painting at Empress Garden organized by India Art Gallery, on 30th May, 2010
– Group exhibition of paintings at Balgandharva Kala Dalan, Pune in June, 2010.
– Exhibition of paintings at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai in April 2009.
– Solo show at India Art Gallery, Pune in January 2009
– Participation in the Group show organized by India Art Gallery, Pune in October 2008.
– Participation in the Art Group Exhibition conducted by Nag Foundation, Pune 2007 at Empress Garden.
– Painting selected and exhibited in State level competition organized by Chitari Academy of Fine Art, Pune 2006.
– Participation at the Monsoon Art Exhibition conducted by Concern India foundation, Mumbai 2004.
– Paintings sold at the JEWEL OF INDIA art exhibition by Concern India foundation, Mumbai 2003.
– Exhibition of paintings at Hotel Sun ‘n’ Sand (Holiday Inn), Pune, in Dec 2002.
– Painting selected, exhibited and sold at the auction conducted by Christie’s & organized by Concern India Foundation, Mumbai in 2001.
– Solo Exhibition of paintings at Balgandharva Kala Dalan, Pune in 2000.
– Paintings selected and exhibited in State level competition organized by Chitari Academy of Fine Art, Pune 1999.
– Participation in Group show organized by Concern India Foundation, Pune
– First Solo Exhibition of paintings at Shyam Ahuja, Pune in 1999.
-Blessed with able guidance from the Eminent artist Late Shri. K. B. Kulkarni, Belguam, for more than 15 years.
Mobile No : 91 99223 75657 / Landline: +91 20 25452216